Pros and Cons of Driving a Sedan
One of the most common types of vehicles you’ll see on the road is none other than the sedan. Why are sedans popular vehicles? What makes drivers love them so much? To help you understand if a pre-owned sedan is right for you, let’s explore the pros and cons of owning one.
[ READ MORE: Four Reasons to Buy a Used Vehicle ]
Advantages of Owning a Sedan
- An affordable option for anyone on a budget
- Provides plenty of performance for the common driver
- Offers enough space to seat a family and pack lots of cargo in the trunk
- Sedans are smaller than vehicles like SUVs and trucks, making them easier to handle and more fuel efficient
- The cost of insurance is cheap for a sedan
Disadvantages of Owning a Sedan
- Many models aren’t very sporty or flashy
- Typically, sedans seat up to five people. Large families won’t be able to seat everyone inside
- Cargo capacity is limited to the trunk and any unoccupied seats. Modern sedans are incorporating folding rear seats while older ones typically can’t fold
- Sedans can’t tow trailers or boats
Overall, sedans are well-rounded vehicles and are fantastic choices if you are looking for a fun ride without a big price tag. Whether you are shopping for a starter car or an affordable replacement with enough space and power for your travels, consider a pre-owned sedan.
Ready to purchase a sedan of your own? Check out our used car inventory right on our website! Need help deciding which brand and model is best for you? Contact us at Sheehy Auto Outlet and we will offer our recommendations based on your budget and your unique needs.